Friday, January 23, 2015

It has taken me a year to get back here. I have thought a lot about it and would come here and stare at the page, not knowing what to say. 
I don't live that exciting of a life. I am married (29 years), I have two kids, a daughter, 21 years old and a son 18 years old. They are good "kids" and I love them with all my heart. I have a full time job at a large medical clinic working in the medical records department.
I was thrilled when I got this job. I was working in another department to begin with. Our clinic has about 20 doctors and I believe 4 nurse practitioners. So my job was to answer the phones. There were at one time as many as 6 of us girls on the phone lines and on some days our phones never stopped ringing. You took call, after call, after call. Now I work in the much quieter but very repetitive department of medical records. My job is to scan the patient's medical records into their electronic chart. There are days that I have trouble keeping my head from hitting the key board. You do the same thing over and over. I get so bored and this job is just not the most fulfilling of vocations.
But, I cannot forget what a God-send this job was when I was hired six years ago. I hadn't worked for 13 years, busy raising our two children. I was very blessed to get to stay at home with them when they were little. But money got tight and it seemed like the right time for me to go back to work. But man, was it an adjustment. 
My dream is to one day be able to quit my job and maybe work from home. I don't know if or when I will get to do that. But a girl's gotta start somewhere. So I started this blog in hopes that I could share my life and my artwork with you.
This first sketch I am sharing with you is of my husband. It is one of the first sketches I drew. I was more surprised than anyone at how it turned out.

2 comments:

  1. It's a great sketch, I agree with Sandi! A good life is not neccessarily an exciting life. :)

    ReplyDelete