Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Documented Life Week 4

I am participating in the Documented Life Project again this year. Last year was so much fun. This year is even more fun if that is possible. Every week I impatiently wait for Saturday to find out what the week's challenge will be. This year is a little different. There is a monthly theme, an art challenge and a journal prompt. This makes it a little more challenging and I have to get a little more creative, which is very good for me!!
Here is week 4. The theme for January is "The blank page and how to face it. The art challenge was writing and the journal prompt was Words with Friends. I really like how my page turned out. The background was done with inktense pencils and baby wipes. Then I drew my girl (doesn't she look so sad?) I then went around the outside of her with gesso to tone it down a little bit. Then I journaled with a Uniball signo white gel pen. I didn't want the writing to take over the page.
I struggled with the journaling. The subject was painful for me. But it was something I needed to do so when I was finished, it felt good. The best pages come from strong emotions. Don't you think?

1 comment:

  1. They sure do! Your girl is totally amazing, as is the rest of your layout!

    ReplyDelete